Sunday, January 14, 2007

My Local Wine Shop (HMB Wine and Cheese)

I was thinking about my comment about Adelaida Pinot being hard to buy, and was reminded of a recent trip to my local wine merchant, Half Moon Bay Wine and Cheese. I dropped by the shop with a friend and we were looking to pick up a nice bottle for dinner that night. I started talking with the proprietor about Pinots and before you know it we tasted an incredible bottle of Pinot from Ryan Cellars. I don't think this particular winemaker (Ryan Cellars) even has a website yet, but it was a very nice full-bodied Pinot, and I left the store with three bottles of wine.

I noticed HMB Wine & Cheese currently has an impressive list of Pinots shown on their website, so I will have to stop by again soon and see what else I can find. I guess being in Northern California, some wine merchants do carry the low production wines.

No comments: