Friday, April 13, 2007

Obester Winery, Bottle and Cork Days

Obester Winery is my local winery here in Half Moon Bay. The main reason my wife and I go to Obester, is their special Bottle and Cork Days. We save our empty wine bottles (after cleaning them, of course) for several months and bring them over to Obester, to watch them get filled with the latest bargain table wine. To us, this is better than "two buck chuck" even though the cost is $4.45 per bottle. While not the type of wine I would put in the cellar, some of these wines sold at the bottle days are really nice for everyday wine drinking.

I have seen another winery do something like this in Sonoma County years ago, but Obester actually fills the bottle, inserts a fresh cork, and provides a new label to identify the wine. The entire process takes place while you wait, and you can taste the wine while in line, a really well-run operation. Check their website for details on these days.

No comments: