Monday, February 5, 2007

2005 Folk Machine Central Coast Pinot Noir

We had a small gathering at my place for the Super Bowl yesterday, and tried a Pinot Noir that I picked up earlier in the day, the Folk Machine Pinot Noir 2005 vintage. This is a new label for me, but was recommended by my local Pinot expert as an affordable Pinot Noir. In this case affordable was around $20. Well, several of us tasted this wine, and it is easy to drink and not bad for the price, but it was a little too sweet for my taste. I would consider buying it again, but I really prefer a dry Pinot Noir rather than this one, quite honestly. I would rate it 83/100. Some of the others in the group would rate it higher. Folk Machine is working on their website and seems to be related to Hobo Wines, Banyan Wines, and Moshin Vineyards.

No comments: